Re: CD-RW support

Quoting Glenn Becker (glenn@icarus.usanetworks.com):

> Here is what I added to my /etc/fstab file:
>
> /dev/cdrom2	/cdrom2		iso9660 defaults,rw,user,noauto		0	0
>
> This lets me *access* the drive ok, but when I try to mount it I get the
> familiar
>
> mount: block device /dev/cdrom2 is write-protected, mounting read-only
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom2,
>        or too many mounted file systems
>
> I'm assuming the second line is because the CD-RW disc I put in is
> formatted [incorrectly]; however, what do I do to change the
> write-protection of the device?

As others have pointed out, put ro, and check the CD in your CD-ROM
drive.

I just want to point out that you may have problems when you umount
if you have a link (/dev/cdrom2) in /etc/fstab. Umount can't follow
the link backwards.

AFAIK a /dev/cdrom link is only useful for playing music CDs.

Cheers,