Screwed with HDparm a little bit too much

    Ok everyone.  A response to this would definitely be appreciated.  I was
messing with the different HD Parm settings one day to see if I could get
better thouroughput.  I started to run a Bonnie++ test to see if my tweaking
was doing any good.  It stopped in the middle of the test and gave me a
kernel panic (not good).  I managed to reboot my box in a semi-proper way
and .... it wouldn't boot.  I think I fried my partition cuz I can't mount
it with boot disks and e2fsck and fsck don't work on it on my new Slack
Partition.  Any advise on how to fix this would definitely be appreciated.
    By the way, when I first installed it I didn't care too much about my
partition table setup.... I just wanted it to work.  So the partition that's
messed up is my root partition....  which contains everything.  If I can fix
this.... well, I can guaranttee that that won't happen again.

    Brandt Dusthimer