Re: pop before smtp - solution

Quoth Erich Birngruber,
> After installing qmail (but without Maildirs!), i am looking for a package
> or a method to do pop (or imap!) before mail can be sent via smtp!

There are a few solutions for pop before smtp list on www.qmail.org. The
one involving PAM sounds like it should work for a debian installation.

I personally use vpopmail for hosting virtual domains with qmail, and
one of the ./configure options enables pop before smtp and works
extremely well.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,