Re: Upgrading to woody

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 05:18:40PM -0600, Joshua Kruck wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there a way to install woody from scratch. When i installed potato i
> took the disks off a mirror. Then i did a net install for the rest. Is
> there a way to do this for woody as well? I have been looking in the
> disk directories, but they all seem to be empty. am i missing something
> way obvious?

I can't address your question about disks, but it seems that all you need to
do is exactly what was done before, then change your /etc/apt/sources.list
to point to woody, and then
	apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade
Certainly best to do this before the big DL (i.e. right after the initial
installation).

I don't recall if kernel images are updated (I always roll my own anyway).

HTH,

Kenward

ps.  Certainly if you are looking to upgrade _that_ box, then just the
sources.list file change and re-apt'ing things are all that's needed..??
--
It is not so very important for a person to learn facts.  For that he
doesn't really need a college education, for he can learn them from