Re: A postcard from the bleeding edge

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 11:24:49AM +1100, Damon Muller wrote:
> Subtitle: My experiences installing a vew video card, kernel 2.4,
> ReiserFS, XFree 4.02, DevFS and upgrading to testing all in the same
> day.
>
> This is a (probably long) recounting of my experiences doing a bit of an
> upgrade. Those stuck in Potato-land and wanting to try out new-and-cool
> stuff, but a bit worried about making the transition, might be
> interested in how I found it. If you're happily running Potato and don't
> want to tempt fate, or already well into Sid and laugh at the face of
> danger, this may not be of any interest to you, so feel free to use that
> `D' key (I wont be offended...)
[snip snip snip]
> Sorry that was so long, and un-proofread (I don't need to read it, I
> know what it's supposed to say, I wrote it!). But hopefully that might
> convince someone that change can be managed, or help someone who has got
> stuck along the way.

care to spend a couple hours and craft that into a document that
next month's newbie (someone like me, no doubt) could refer to
as an information source?

we'd love to see more of this kind of documentation...

hope you can help!

--
See, if you were allowed to keep the money, you wouldn't
create jobs with it. You'd throw it in the bushes or

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/