 From: Christoph Simon <datageo@terra.com.br>
Sent: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:30:20 -0200
To: "Fernando Carvajal" <jfcarvajal@uf-isf.es>
CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: change IRQ

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:04:09 +0100
"Fernando Carvajal" <jfcarvajal@uf-isf.es> wrote:

> does anyone know how can i change irq number for a soundblaster Live 1024
> soundcard that uses the Alsa emu10k1 driver ? On booting it set IRQ 10 that
> it's shared  with my ethernet card.
> In modules.conf i set options snd_irq=5; but if i do a cat /proc/interrupts
> i see IRQ 10 or so it seem.

Don't know this card, but if it's ISA, you can use isapnp, if it's PCI
actually you can't do anything but play with the BIOS trying to force
some settings, I had success with this very few times. A better
alternative might be to use a kernel with APIC for mono-processor
machines (non SMP), which allowes for sharing IRQ's (if I understood
right that point). I do use it, have a BIOS which is not particularly
smart about IRQ distribution, and I'm not experiencing any problems.

HTH

--
Christoph Simon
datageo@terra.com.br