Gathering mail from multiple POP servers

Hello,

I have been thinking about this for a while, and haven't really found much
comprehensible documentation on it...

I like to be able to check my mail from several locations. I also have a
bunch of pop mail accounts. I want to have my debian box "collect" mail from
all of those accounts and put each account's mail into a separate mail box
in my home directory. Then, I'd like to be able to access all of these mail
boxes (as well any others I create to store mail in) through a IMAP
interface. I can probably figure out the IMAP part once I have the mail
gathering set up.

Could someone recommend a HOWTO or tell me how to do this? Thanks in
advance.
-samuel