Re: Installing Debian

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> Currently printtool is only available in testing/woody.
> (Buggy, seems to require lprng, see bug reports for details)

It certainly does need lprng. After many unsuccessful attempts to make
it work with the stock lpr it occurred to me to try lprng. After that
it worked fine. I did have to tell printtool on a local Linux box that
the remote printer on another Linux box was an SMB printer. Printing
from Windows to remote was fine but I couldn't make Linux to Linux
work without using SMB. Doesn't matter I guess - it works.

> To be safe, I suggest try apsfilter first.  Stable and simple.

I didn't consider that.

Regards,

Terry.

* Selterra Communications                     info@selterra.com *