Re: Installing Debian (printtool)

Well, well, well,

Do not get me wrong.  I am not putting printtool down without reason.

I am the one who added feature of uniprint support to printtool in
original RH version and I like this nice gui-tool.

It seems, at one point in potato before official release, there was working
printtool.  But as I understand it, due to release critical issue,
printtool did not make official potato.

Then maintainer upgraded source since then.  Once for better and once
for worse. Now uniprint does not work.  Also now it requires lprng or
some patch. (Bug reports are hidden recently due to debian bug track
system glitch.)

Anyway, I had chat with maintainer and he admits he is behind correcting
glitches.  So stay away from one available in woody.

I made a private deb package for printtool which is based on newer RH7
version printtool.  I want to debug a little more. This is functional
with BSD lpr on my system. (Not ready for prime time but if you are
interested, check my site and give me a feedback.)

Regards,

Osamu

PS: My archive site http://www.aokiconsulting.com/pub/ (sometimes
    this site is not reachable, try later if so.)