Re: playing .mov files in a browser (quicktime) possible?

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 03:33:10PM -0800, jdls wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I would like to know if I can somehow play quicktime files (.mov)
> embedded in a browser and just plain .mov files in linux.

1) Complain to Apple about their disingenuous claims of believing in
   'open source' and ask for source code or even a specification of
   the Sorenson Quicktime Codec.  Explain to them that 'proprietary
   standards' are not standards at all (since they are trying to make
   QT the standard for streaming video).

2) Complain to Sorenson about it, though, as I recall, they've actually
   answered such complaints with, "Sorry, we'd love to help, but Apple
   has an exclusive license and it is up to them what they share."

In other words, QuickTime is evil proprietary crap, and Apple is as evil
as Microsoft, but they have a better PR department.  (Microsoft has
better marketing, though -- everyone knows they are evil, but they still
buy their products.)

--
CueCat decoder .signature by Larry Wall:
#!/usr/bin/perl -n