Re: Installing Debian

>My brother got me a set of 2.2 release disks, and I would like to install them
>on an IBM PC 750. I have tried a couple of times, but am quite new at Linux
>and have not been able to get my printer to work, or get online once the
>system is installed. I'm sure that it is something that I am doing wrong when
>I install the system as I can install SuSE 6.4 and get everything to work, so
>it works under Linux. I'm using SuSE now.
>
>I really like what I have been reading about Debian, and it is the distro that
>I want to run on my system, just need a bit of help getting everything working
>at this point. One of the big problems I have is I don't have a clue as to
>what drivers I need to install when loading Debian. And I use a dial up PPP
>access for the Internet.
>
>I really want to use Debian so any help anyone would be willing to give me to
>get it up and running on here would be most appreciated.

Log in as root and type "pppconfig". This will setup all your PPP dial-up
options. Once you complete this process, type "pon" and see if you connect. You
disconnect via the "poff" command. If you have problems connecting, run "plog"
to see what type of error messages you got. HTH.

Once you get PPP running as root, add yourself to the group "dip" so you need
not be root to start PPP. This is done by typing "adduser lute dip".

Scott