Re: Running fetchmail at login time

> I want to run fetchmail as a daemon each time
> I log in but I don't want to do it manually.Is
> bash_profile the apropiate place to launch it
> from? How can I prevent it form being launched
> several times if I login at several consoles?

I don't believe fetchmail will run multiple instances of itself. I
occassionally "force" fetchmail to run in between the time it runs
normally (it's set to run every 10 or 15 minutes in daemon mode). If I
force it, it simply "wakes" the original instance. It actually outputs
something like "fetchmail daemon awakened ... process number xxx".

You could also do something like checking for fetchmail's PID and if it
already exists, not run the command again.

Regards
Hall