Re: Running fetchmail at login time

Have you checked fetchmails homepage?  I remember seeing a FAQ or something there describing how to do this.  The gist of it revolved around creating/removing temporary files using ~/.bash_profile and ~/.bash_logout using a specific file mask, ~/.bash_logout would look for other files, and if only one existed, would terminate fetchmail on its way out... hmm, looking at the fetchmail faq, it says the script that does this, is in the contrib directory in the fetchmail distribution, so you may need to download it yourself.