Re: PS to HTML?

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 12:09:31AM -0600, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> Anyone know where I can find a decent PostScript-to-HTML convertor?  I've
> turned up some ps-to-ascii and html-to-ps utils, but that's as close as
> I've gotten so far.

Not really easy to do.  PostScript has a lot of stuff that simply won't
translate to html easily or at all.  PostScript is essentially a device
independent printer programming language.  If you just want to put it on
the web in a readily available format, ps2pdf might be sufficient.  If
you find such a free utility, I'm sure others on this list would like to
know about it.  I've been to at least one site that has documents on-
line as a series of images -- one per page -- with links between pages,
the top and bottom.  Not beautiful, but actually functional and legible.
Think it was mostly done in an automated fashion.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>