Re: ftpd

ok...now i'm even more confused...here is what they say...

first of all...a line from my inetd.conf:
#:STANDARD: These are standard services.
ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.ftpd

now, tcpdmatch says that there is no process called "ftp in that file...

# tcpdmatch ftp 127.0.0.1
warning: ftp: no such process name in /etc/inetd.conf
client:   address  127.0.0.1
server:   process  ftp
matched:  /etc/hosts.deny line 15
option:   spawn (mail -s "ftp access attempt from 127.0.0.1" </dev/null) &
access:   denied

and:
# tcpdchk -v
daemons:  ftp
clients:  .mydomain.com
access:   granted
(where mydomain is substituded for my real domain name)

odd eh?

-jeff