Re: Get a single file from a tar archive?

its its a .tar.gz archive,

tar zxvf archive.tar.gz path/to/file/in.archive

will extract that singular file, and note the extraction will prob take as
long as you extracting the entire archive since tar goes through the
archive sequentially looking for that file (as if it were really on tape)

-Casey