From: Ray Percival [mailto:squadboy@mail.sisna.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 9:46 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org; Howell Caton
Subject: Re: certification

IMHO, If you have the knowledge and are doing the certs to impress
employers do the Red Hat cert. I say this because that is the name
most of them are going to know. Then get the job and do whatever
you want to because most of them won't know a Debian box from a
Red Hat box. At work now I have talked my boss into letting me set
up a Samba server. He has bought a box set or RH 7 to get
"support" I'm installing Debian 2.2 even as I write this. Having
said that the LPI certs are general and (at least they used to)
have a distro specific part in which you could do Debian.

From: "Howell Caton" <caton@arl.army.mil>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:25:16 -0500

>Does anyone know how soon we might expect a certification program

for
>Debian Linux.
>Certification is a good way to assure prospective employers that

you know

listmaster@lists.debian.org