From: Vinod Kurup [mailto:vkurup@massmed.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 9:23 AM
To: 'debian-user@lists.debian.org'
Subject: Re: Sound problem

Hi Nathan,

when you do 'lsmod', are your modules listed?

It sounds like things were working when you set it up
but then stopped working after reboot. That makes me think
that your startup files weren't told about the new modules.

I'm not familiar with modconf, so maybe that does it for ya,
but I place the names of my modules in /etc/modules

  # /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
  #
  # This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
  # to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
  # a `#', and everything on the line after them are ignored.

  # sound module
  dmasound_awacs

just a shot in the dark...

Vinod