Re: How do I get off this list?

Fred_D_Yocum@mail.mcc.org wrote:
> Sorry to bother the list with this. But the method for unsubscribing
> (that came in an email when I subcribed), does not work. How do I
> unsubscribe?

When people have difficulties unsubscribing from the lists, most of the
time it is caused by a mismatch between the address they used to subscribe
to the list, and the address they're using when trying to unsubscribe.

You can figure out the exact email address that is subscribed to the
list by looking at the Return-Path header that comes with each mail you
receive from the Debian mailinglist server. An example Return-Path
header:

In this case, the address used to subscribe to the debian-user list is
"username@domain.com" (so you have to replace the second `equals' sign
with an `at' sign to get the email address). If you send mail
_from_that_account_ to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org with
"unsubscribe" in the body of the message, it will unsubscribe you
automatically (in most cases - sometimes other errors occur preventing
automatic unsubscription, if you need help in that case contact
listmaster).

cheers,
Remco (who has the infamous listmaster@lists.debian.org hat)