Re: path and editor

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 12:46:56PM -0800, Mike Egglestone wrote:
> HI...
> I've been looking all over the web for these 2 simple answers and can't
> find them....
>
> first....what the heck is the command that lets me see what my command
> path is.....?

If you are looking to find what directory you are in -
$ pwd

> I know in unix... you type something like:
> echo $path

If you want to look at PATH you -
$ echo $PATH
caps must be used.

> basically... the identical command to
> path   from the dos OS...
>
> I guess I could just less /etc/profile....but there must be
> something else......
>
> and secondly....
> How would one change the default editor ?
> I looked in the /etc/profile  again... and found no reference to EDITOR....
> so I'm wondering if its configured somewhere else....

Someone will probably answer this last one.  Don't know off the top of
my head.  Will post it if no one else does once I figure it out.
kent

--
I'd really love ta wana help ya Flanders but... Homer Simpson