Installing Debian on a Mega Raid Controller help!!

I am trying to install Debian 2.2 Rev2 on a megaraid controller from AMI.
The default kernel freezes when the megaraid driver loads.  I have installed
2.4.0 onto the Rescue floppy.  The problem I have is anytime the installer
tries to mount a drive it returns a permission denied error.  The funny
thing is if I enter a shell the mount was successful.  This is critical
because after I tell it to use previous mounted medium and where for the
install it asks for the rescue floppy.  It will not continue until it has
successfully mounted the floppy which it thinks never happens.

/********************************************************************
* Jim Miller
*
* Analyst/ Programmer                                                    *
* Novoste Corporation                                                      *
* jmiller@novoste.com                                                     *
* (770)810-3219
*
* Round the Firewall,  Out the modem,  Through the router, *
* Down the wire,  NOTHIN BUT NET!!                                 *

"Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, '227, any and all
unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500 US.
E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms."