Re: 128-bit encryption netscape

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Nate Amsden wrote:

->"Michael P. Soulier" wrote:
->>
->>     Hey people. I'm running netscape 4.75 from the security site, which has
->> 128-bit encryption. I want to upgrade to potato r2 from r1, and it's going to
->> upgrade netscape. So, how do you tell if the version you're about to upgrade
->> to has 128 bit encryption support? I've looked in all of the descriptions and
->> I don't see anything there.
->
->i use www.fortify.net they have a SSL check there that shows what cipher
->and how many bits your browser(any SSL browser) supports.
->
->course u gotta install the browser to test it :/
->
->nate
->

Well if you have to install it, then just pick:  Help --> About Communicator.
On the left side, where it talks about security, look for "DES-......"
If the "DES-..." is listed you have 128 bit secutrity !!

--
Christopher W. Aiken, Scenery Hill, Pa, USA
chris at cwaiken dot com,   www.cwaiken.com