possible move to unstable..

hey all.. I know this mite stir up a great deal of debate, but its not my intention.. Im currently running potato, and thinking bout running unstable.. there are quite a few packages I would like to have in unstable, and I know ahead of time, to successfully install those packages, there are others in the same directory tree that I would need.. from wut I have seen in the entries in the mailing list so far, unstable is not really that *unstable*. The only real concern I think I would have is the move from Xfree86 3.3.6 to 4.0.2.. any of you guys have any input on this ? or any recommendations as to wut to do ahead of time, before I decided to go with a dist-upgrade ? to all who respond, I thank you in advance  =)