Krumbled konqueror kookies (new Sid version ignores cookies!)

I seem to have done one Sid install too many.

When I let dselect upgrade my kde packages on Jan. 18th Konqueror stopped
handling cookies.  It is set to prompt for each requested cookie, but no
longer asks me to accept or reject.  Sites where a login used to be remember,
such as Excite and Yahoo, no longer remember me.  When I try to sign in they
complain that my browser must have cookies enabled.  Mozilla and Netscape
have no similar problem.

I have tried wiping the .kde directory to force a fresh configuration.  It
didn't help.  I do have a recent backup, but would like to first try to fix
it.

I captured the output generated by Konqueror when run from the command line.
I didn't attach here due to its 30K size.  If useful I can attach to a
follow-up.  There weren't any obvious errors in the text I saw.

TIA - any attempts to help will be most appreciated.

  Steve Cooper                     Redmond, WA
  (Somewhere in the shadow of the evil empire)