Re: Sound for woody with 2.2.12

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Jonathan Gift wrote:

>John Galt wrote:
>> >
>> >I have in modules:
>> >sound
>> >uart401
>> >sb io...
>> >
>> >Missing:
>> >mpu...
>> >op13...
>>
>> These mostly deal with midi.  mpu is "mpu 401 support (NOT for SB)" which
>> is self explanatory why you shouldn't need it, and opl3 is "ymf 2XXX/opl3
>> support".  My advice to you on the opl3 is don't get too het up about
>> recompiling specifically for it, but make sure you do it the next time
>> you build a kernel...
>>

>I would imagine it was MIDI or synthesizer. If the mpu is not SB16, then
>what is the op13 and where in the sound section is it? What item did I
>not turn on? If you hvae a name, because I seem to have mised it twice
>now...

There are three questions dealing with the Yamaha opl3.  One of them is
for a full-on card they built called the opl3-sax.  This is not the one
you want.  The one you want is listed under the old ymf 2000 series
number.  I can't remeber any more details, but this should be enough to
get you what you need, especially if you use X or menuconfig...

--
When you are having a bad day, and it seems like everybody is trying to
tick you off, remember that it takes 42 muscles to produce a frown, but

Who is John galt?  Galt@inconnu.isu.edu, that's who!