Install help needed/New tulip drivers

I'd like to install Debian but have a slight problem: my Ethernet card
(ADMtek 983) requires the latest tulip drivers.

I have a DSL connection with PPPoE. I'd like to install a bare-bones base
system and install the remaining components via apt-get. The new drivers are
available in rpm format, and I can build a custom rpm for the drivers
(that's the recommended method) to install.

So my question is, what must I get to do this? What should I download so I
can get that base system up, build that rpm for kernel modules, and then
install the remaining system via pppoe?

Thanks.