installing a burner

    Hey people. I just picked up an HP 9150i burner. I currently have an Acer
x40 CD-ROM, and it's /dev/hdd. That means that it's the slave of the second
IDE controller, yes? The burner is an IDE device as well, and I need to set
the jumpers for the desired controller. Now, is there a reason why, when I
have a single harddrive (/dev/hda), that the CDROM would be a slave of the
second controller when there is no master? Should I be ok if I set the burner
as /dev/hdc?

    Thanks,

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX