Re: syslogd and exim cron job every 20 minutes

"Noah L. Meyerhans" <frodo@morgul.net> writes:

> There's no such syslog facility "cron".  Cron logs to the 'daemon'
> facility.  The only way to tweak what cron messages you see is to adjust
> what daemon priorities get logged.  Read the syslog and syslog.conf man
> pages.

Hmm.  And from where did you think I pulled out that one? :^)

,----[ syslog.conf(5) ]
|        The facility is one of the following keywords: auth, auth╜
|        priv, cron, daemon, kern, lpr, mail, mark, news,  security
|        (same  as  auth),  syslog,  user,  uucp and local0 through
|        local7.
`----

As I wrote in my previous message, ever since I added "cron.!info;" to
the line that pipes to /dev/xconsole, I am not seeing the exim cron
notifications any more.

Thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin