Re: anyone using inews?

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 01:51:36AM -0000, blair.kelly@att.net wrote:

> Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am using 2.2r (potato).
> I just downloaded inews and trn with apt-get.  I don't see
> any way to find out the version of inews.

Well, my inews comes from the inn package (actually the subsidiary
inewsinn package).  I know this from dpkg -S:

<carlf@home>
</home/carlf>$ dpkg -S inews
inewsinn: /usr/share/man/man1/inews.1.gz
inewsinn: /usr/share/doc/inewsinn/copyright
inewsinn: /usr/share/doc/inewsinn
inewsinn: /usr/bin/inews
inewsinn: /usr/share/doc/inewsinn/changelog.Debian.gz

So you might try typing "dpgk -S inews" at a shell prompt.

Then to get the version of the package you'd do "dpkg -s <package>".
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net