anyone using inews?

I am having trouble posting a news article from
my home computer over a ppp connection to my
ISP's NNTPSERVER.  I can read news fine; it is
only posting with which I am having a problem.

I believe the problem is that my /etc/news/sys file
is not set up correctly.  When I installed inews via
apt-get, the only (uncommented) line in /etc/news/sys
was

     ME:comp,news,sci,rec,misc,soc,talk,alt,can,ont,tor,ut,to

I have tried adding various lines like

     netnews.worldnet.att.net:all:Lf:

but when I try to post (via trn) an article I get an
error message back saying

    inews: No valid newsgroups in misc.test

Would a kind person tell me how they set up their /etc/news/sys
file and anything else they had to do to get inews to work
via a ppp connection.  Is there a HOWTO on this?  (I have looked
but not been able to find one.)

Alternately, am I using the wrong program - inews - for what I am
trying to do?  (Read and post news.)

Any help would be gratefully appreciated,

Blair