Re: locale problems -- LANG=en_US and iso-8859-1 fsckups

on Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 10:17:27AM -0500, Chris Gray (cgray@tribsoft.com) wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> > This is driving me nuts.
> >
> > My current setting of LANG=en_US fails on the last three points.
>                                ^
> >     perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
> >     perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
> > 	    LANGUAGE = (unset),
> > 	    LC_ALL = (unset),
> > 	    LANG = "en-US"
>                       ^
> > Anyone?  I mean, just shoot me now if I'm being stupid or something.
>
> Bang.

Um.  Why don't you just dash my brains out instead.  That should slide
in under the bar.

And for those not paying attention to detail, I've got "en-US" where I
should have "en_US".  Dashes don't work in environment variables,
underbars do.

Thanks, Chris.