Re: "true?" rescue floppy

Xucaen <xucaen@yahoo.com> writes:

> what do you mean by "true"?
> I thought the "resuce" disk he was looking for
> was the boot disk for the debian installation.

     By a "true rescue disk" I mean a floppy that has a bootable
kernel and enough utilities to repair a damaged system.  I don't know
how many tools are on the debian boot disk, but I don't think it is as
extensive as the tomsrtbt.

     The following is from the tomsrtbt FAQ:

| 3) Contents
|
|  Stuff (modules, manpages, scripts, binaries, kernel):
|
| 2.0.37 3c589_cs BusLogic CVF DEC_ELCP EEXPRESS EEXPRESS_PRO EL2 EL3
| EXT2 FAT FAT32 FD IDE IDECD IDEFLOPPY IDEPCMCIA IDETAPE ISO9660
| JOLIET LOOP MATH_EMULATION MINIX MSDOS NE2000 NFS PROC RAM SD
| SERIAL SLIP SMC SR ST TR ULTRA VFAT VORTEX WD80x3 ah152x_cs aha152x
| aha1542 aic7xxx ash awk badblocks bdflush bzip2 cardbus cardmgr cat
| ce ce.help chattr chgrp chmod chown chroot clear cmp cp cpio cut
| date dd ddate debugfs df dirname dmesg dmsdos ds du dumpe2fs dutil
| e2fsck eata echo egrep elvis emacs extend false fdflush fdformat
| fdisk fdomain filesize find findsuper fmt fsck.ext2 fsck.msdos fstab
| grep gzip halt head hexedit hostname i82365 ifconfig ifport ile init
| inittab insmod kill killall5 ksyms length less libc.so.5.4.13 lilo
| lilo.conf ln loadkeys login losetup ls lsattr mawk md5sum memtest
| mingetty miterm mkdir mkdosfs mke2fs mkfifo mkfs.minix mklost+found
| mknod mkswap mnsed more mount mt mv nc ncr53c8xx nmclan_cs ntfs pax
| pcmcia pcmcia_core pcnet_cs ping plip ppa printf ps pwd qlogic_cs
| qlogicfas reboot rescuept reset rm rmdir rmmod route rsh rshd script
| scsi_info seagate sed serial_cs setserial sh slattach sleep slip
| snarf sort split stty swapoff swapon sync tail tar tcic tee telnet
| test touch tune2fs umount undeb update vi vi.help wc

     My cable modem has just gone south, and I can't get a service
call very soon, so this may be delayed.

Bob
--
   _