problem with cups and g-brief

Hello,

I am using Debian unstable with Kernel 2.4.0, and yesterday finally made
the transition from lprng to cups. Everything works quite well, except
for a single problem with the LaTeX package g-brief:
Compared to the printout with lprng, the printout of g-brief is now
shifted upwards for about 2 mm with cups, so that the letter head is
slightly cut off above, and the address field does not fit exactly
anymore into the envelope's window.
Of course I did configure cups for the correct (German) paper size A4 as
default, just like I did previously with lprng and magicfilter. Thus, it
is not a problem of incorrect paper size.
The command 'lp -o page-top=1 foo' does not have any effect, and any
attempt to change the paper margins with the frontends gtklp, kups or
qtcups was without any effect either.
Thus, how could this problem be solved?

Best wishes,
Guenter

--
Linux: Who needs GATES in a world without fences?