LVM, MD, what's what?

Right now I've got a 10GB drive split into 4 partitions (/, /boot, /home, and swap). I'd like to add another drive to the system, adding its space to /home, which is /dev/hda7 under my current setup. The machine currently runs kernel 2.2.18 and will be upgraded to 2.4.x once a few point releases are out.

How can I go about using Multiple Disks and/or LVM to manage this addition? Is there a HOWTO someplace I should be looking at? I'm also thinking about converting from ext2 to ReiserFS at some point and would be interested in knowing about any gotchas it would involve as far as MD/LVM are concerned.

Thanks!