Re: using exim? check /etc/exim.conf!

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 11:55:17PM +0100, Arnout Engelen wrote:
:Are you nagging your ISP's system administrator?
:
:I just found out that my exim.conf has the line:
:qualify_domain = sci.kun.nl
:
:which has the effect that every mail sent to 'root' (for example the
:output of cron jobs, etcetera) is actually sent to root@sci.kun.nl and
:not root@localhost!! (sci.kun.nl is my ISP's domain)

In eximconfig, you also get ask where mail to root and postmaster
should be sent (this sets up /etc/aliases), you really should set this
(or edit /etc/aliases) to be your regular user acount (or the remote
adress where you read most of your mail) "root" proper
should never get any mail, this way you get the messages in a timely
manner.

-Jon