4 Non-critical, but annoying issues regarding xmms, kernel 2.4, dselect and gdm.

Hey. Well, you know things are good when you are getting pissed off with the problems I outline below, but hey, here it goes:

1) This is the most annoying problem. I just installed the 2.4 kernel, but this issue was present before and since that. I'm using fully updated unstable debian with debian gnome, not helix. About half to a quarter of the times that I (or another user) logs out of gnome, gdm does not return. I just get a blank, grey root x screen staring back at me. I have to kill the x server (ctrl-alt-backspace) and then /etc/init.d/gdm restart to get things back to normal. Anybody else have this problem? Know of a solution?

2) This is the second most annoying thing and has only shown itself since installing the 2.4 kernel (although I'm not sure how they're related). When xmms reaches the end of a song, it just replays the song rather than skipping to the next song. If you hit the skip button it goes on to the next song. This happens in both shuffle and regular playing mode. Again, anybody else have this problem? Know of a fix?

3) In dselect when I go to upgrade things it says I have 1 pakcage that is not being upgraded, but I can't figure out which one. How can I figure out which package is not being upgraded? I have searched through the list in dselect, but can't find it. Anyone?

4) I use Sawfish window manager and when I am using xmms with the playlist (docked or not) and I try to minimize xmms, it only minimizes the player window and not the playlist. The playlist used to minimize with xmms since it can't be minimized by itself. Anybody else have this problem? Know of a solution?

Thanks for any help. -Jeff