Re: Why choose Debian?

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001, Jesse wrote:
> I got very frustrated  trying to make everything work, read to many
> reviews saying Linux wasn't ready for mainstream, and scraped it.

I am really impressed with Debian, but still think that X has a LONG
way.  It actually pisses me off how it is still pretty half-assed and
a scavenger hunt to find some really useful info.  Until *X* can get
as far as Debian has brought Linux, it can never be a viable
alternative to Windows.  IMNSHO.  Unfortunately, what Jamie Zawinski
said a couple of years ago is still true:
<http://www.jwz.org/doc/linux.html>.  Sad.

-Ken