Re: vi in ssh window

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 dochawk@psu.edu wrote:

> > Hi,
> > When I ssh in to my debian potato system and try to do something like vi,
> > or dselect, the screen messes up.  For example, the vi status line occurs
> > at the top of the screen, and I can't see the line the cursor is currently
> > on.  In dselect the same type things happen, stuff gets printed on lines
> > previous or after where it should be.  It makes it really hard to use
> > remotely.  Is this something wrong with my term settings?  Any ideas?
>
> Is your terminal variable set correctly?  See what your client
> is emulating, and set the environment variable TERM to this type.
>
> hawk

As far as I know I'm using an xterm, and the TERM is set to xterm.

--
-bob

Remember the... the... uhh.....
* Robert Kerr, The morphing guy.  *    MS 0847 Sandia National Labs  *
* rakerr@sandia.gov               *    Albuquerque NM 87185-0847     *
* Robert_Kerr@byu.edu             *      Phone: (505) 844-8606       *
* http://www.et.byu.edu/~kerrr    *      Fax: (505) 844-9297         *