Re: HD & RAM

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 04:50:15PM -0200, Antonio A. Lobato wrote:

> 	Do HD memory does change the eficience or the speed of my computer ?
> 	Because I`m thinking about to buy a computer with only 2 or 3 gigabytes of
> HD, for to have more money to buy RAM memory, 128 or 256 megas.

If you have to chose I would go with the memory.  2 to 3 gigs goes a
long ways when using linux.  That is unless you will be saving huge
files.  It really depends on what your going to use the computer for.
The hardest thing my computer has to do is compile some source code.  I
have 128 MB of ram and it seems to work just fine for doing other things
while the programs compile.  I'm not creating graphical stuff though.
kent

--
I'd really love ta wana help ya Flanders but... Homer Simpson