Re: Download and create CD image for installation on Pentium 100

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 01:15:50PM -0600 or thereabouts, Vernon Buck wrote:
> I am new to the Linux arena have some experience with SCO OpenServer5.  I am
> trying out different versions of Linux to see which ones suite our needs as
> a SCO replacement, Debian is one version I want to test.  But I can't get
> the pseudo-image kit v2 to down load the images I need so I can create the
> install CD.  I keep getting the following messages:
>
> bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!
> Generating file list...
> cp: binary-i386-1: No such file or directory

i don't know why you're trying it the hard way but you could just d/l the
cd image from ftp.debian.org and burn a CD from that .iso directly.

ftp to ftp.debian.org and go to /pub/mirrors/debian/2.2_rev2 then select
your arch (i386, sparc...) there.