 From: Sebastiaan <sebas@sacred-key.org>
Sent: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 08:56:30 +0100 (CET)
To: Benjamin Pharr <benpharr@freedom2000net.com>
CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Making a copy of a CD

Hi,

for data only cd's (one session, one track) the simplest is:
dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/tmp/cdfile.iso

You can then mount it with:
mount -o loop,ro -t iso9660 /tmp/cdfile.iso /cdrom

For mixed cd's or multisession, I found this module that mounts your cd
track by track (shows the tracks):
http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/~ronsse/cdfs/

You can copy the disc track by track to hd. For audio tracks you could
also use cdparanoia.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan

---- End Original Message ----