Question regarding upgrade potato -> testing

Hi folks,

I've learned that woody is now called testing and fairly stable.  So I
thought, I might give testing a try on my workstation to enjoy things
like XF4 and Linux 2.4 as soon as they move from unstable to testing.

I have here a potato machine which I just installed from the CD-ROM two
days ago and installing some packages (mostly KDE) via the internet
using `apt-get`.

So I changed my sources.list, did `apt-get update` and `apt-get
dist-upgrade`, but I am somewhat confused by the output of `apt-get
dist-upgrade`.

Here are my active sources.list entries:
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://kde.tdyc.com potato main qt1apps optional
crypto

(There seems to be no entry of woody on security.debian.org and
kde.tdyc.com; `apt-get update` will show an error message.)

Here's the output of `apt-get dist-upgrade`:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  php4 php4-mysql
  communicator-base-476 communicator-smotif-476 i18ndata ifupdown
ipchains
  libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 net-tools netkit-inetd netkit-ping
netscape-base-476
  netscape-java-476
The following packages have been kept back
  communicator netscape
98 packages upgraded, 11 newly installed, 2 to remove and 2 not
upgraded.
Need to get 51.6MB of archives. After unpacking 34.8MB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

My questions are:
1) There are only 11 new packages in woody?  After almost one year of
the potato feature freeze?  Granted, I do not have much software
installed, but I would figure that there would be more to upgrade.
2) Is there an equivalent for the php4 packages in testing or do I have
to downgrade to php3 (which wouldn't be that much of a problem)?
3) What's meant by kept back packages?
4) How can I get a list of all packages installed (including version
information)?

Thanks a lot,
Viktor

--