Re: static vs modules

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 12:59:34PM +0100, Sebastiaan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there is a speed/operating difference when compiling
> kernel daemons like knfs static in the kernel or in modules.
> Anyone know something about this?

I think there is no measurable (is this spelled right?)
difference. (That's what I think, I haven't tested it)

Modules are more flexible. For example if you get a new soundcard you
only have to insert the new module, you don't need to recompile the
whole kernel.

--
Thomas Guettler
Office: <guettli@interface-business.de> www.interface-business.de