Re: Console Blanking

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 08:58:55PM -0600, ktb wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 07:40:03PM -0700, Curtis Hogg wrote:
> > Is there a way to disable the console blanking? If so, how do you go
> > about doing that?
>
> It looks like "xset s noblank"  Type "xset" at the command line and it
> will spit out options.  I have also seen "xset s 0" on the list.  You
> can also take a look at the man page for further details.  A good place
> to search for answers is -
> http://lists.debian.org/search.html

looks like xset is a 'user preference utility for X'
where curtis was asking about changing CONSOLE settings
(console, from what i can tell, meaning alt-ctl-F[1-6]).

how do you establish screen-blanking preferences for
text consoles, when there's NO x installed at all?

--
See, if you were allowed to keep the money, you wouldn't
create jobs with it. You'd throw it in the bushes or

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc