Matrox G200 and IBM 9513GW0 TFT display

Has anyone gotten an IBM T55D (9513GW0) working under X?

I have one that I can drive from windoze with a Matrox G200 which has dual analog/digital outputs. I'm using svga X server which works fine on analog but when I try to connect the TFT display and run it, after startx it blanks it out and goes into power-saving mode.

I suspect that it might have something to do with my modeline settings, but I haven't been able to find any XF86Config files out there that deal with this combo.

At this point I am desperate enough to look at anyhting closely related. The IBM NetVista all-in-one uses the same display, so the XF86Config file from there will probably do.

I'm also curious: does XF86Free use any of that Modeline stuff for digital displays? Or is it just needed for compatibility?

Thanks,

Antonio