Re: gs and stp

Joakim Svensson wrote:

> Hi Debian users,
>
> I am wondering if there is any ghostscript
> GhostScript 5.50 or gs-aladdin 6.50 with
> the gimp print stp driver compiled in as a
> dep packet ?

I had one built once upon a time for a version of gs-aladdin, but seem
to have lost it.  Since then, the one I had installed got "upgraded", so
I'm in the position of trying to build one anew.

But look what I found on SourceForge a few days ago:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1537&release_id=19032

There's a deb in there (gs 5.10)!  I've upgraded to that; however I
haven't tried it yet because:

(1) It requires a lot of really recent (unstable) libraries, like
libc6.  I even had to upgrade xfree, and I haven't got that working
again yet.  First things first.

(2) I'll have to create the proper magicfilter for it, which I'll try to
do this time using the resources (foomatic) at www.linuxprinting.org.
Or I may go with CUPS this time.

> And also if there is anyone that has this
> working with pdq.

If I switched from lprng, it would probably be to CUPS, though I could
be persuaded otherwise...