Re: Dexxa Optical Mouse (PS/2)

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Thomas Guettler wrote:

> I have problems to get the Dexxa Optical Mouse working. I found
> somewhere in the web, that that imps/2 should do it. But if I use
> imps/2 (gpm or XFree86 3.3.6) the keyboard and mouse hangs, so that
> I have to switch the computer off!

I just got one of these guys and I think it's pretty nice.  I'm using
X 4, which doesn't have problems with it, though gpm doesn't like it.
The relevant section from my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:

,----[ XF86Config-4 ]
| Section "InputDevice"
| 	  Identifier	"Mouse"
| 	  Driver		"mouse"
| 	  Option		"CorePointer"
| 	  Option		"Protocol"		"ExplorerPS/2"
| 	  Option 		"Buttons"		"4"
| 	  Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"6 7"
| 	  Option		"Device"		"/dev/psaux"
| EndSection
`----

I also have a couple of helper applications when I start up X:

,----[ .xsession ]
`----

> Dmesg tells me that the ps/2 port is found while booting.
> The red light of the mouse is turned off, too.

Hmm, with mine the red light of the mouse comes on when I move it or
click with it.

Cheers,
Chris

--