Re: .forward syntax

Quoting Adam Read (adam@cr888087-b.bloor1.on.wave.home.com):
> I'm looking for a doc on how to write .forward files.  I've searched sendmail.org, all the documentation that comes with sendmail, and the LDP.  If anyone could help I'd be most greatful.

Without saying whether you need one or not, this is my .forward
on a Sun:

"|IFS=' ' && p=/usr/local/bin/procmail && test -f $p && ex
ec $p -Yf- || exit 75 #spqr"

Note:

It's all one long line - "exec" is one word.
The "" quotes are an essential part of the line.
Adjust the path to procmail as appropriate.
spqr is your username on this system.

man procmail details the switches (Yf), but not having a real sendmail
installed on Debian, I don't know why you can't find the pipe "| ... "
style of "email address" in its documentation at sendmail.org.
That's why I've included a real example with all the magic, like exit 75
and #spqr.

Cheers,