OFF TOPIC: Darwin and Dpkg

Was just browsing by the the Darwin Projects Directory http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/darwin/1.2/projects.html and saw that dpkg was listed along with the rest of the system. I know Darwin is based on the BSD Mach kernel and it is Unix but didn't know that it used dpkg as the Package management tool.

I downloaded the source to have a look at it. The version is 1.4.1.4. Does this mean that Mac OS X uses dpkg also. Also is this a commonly known fact? Have a look and  let me know. Bye,

Vijay.

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!