Re: Internal PCI modem with Potato

Mark Scott wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I am having trouble getting my linux to recognise my pci internal modem.  I
> am new to the Intel platform but have succesfully managed to install potato
> on my m68k mac and connect using ppp albeit with an external modem.
>
> I have searched the archives and was not able to find any pointers can
> anybody help or point me in the direction of a walk through,FAQ or HOWTO

Look for the command "setserial" when you are looking for documentation.  There
is a good article about the process that can be found at this site:

http://www.signalground.com/article/

The article was entitled "Going Linux, Part 3,: Choosing a Modem for Linux" by
Tom Moran.  In it, he discusses getting a PCI modem going in Linux.  The article
wasn't (too) distro specific, so you should be able to figure it out.  I got a
PCI modem going in Mandrake and RedHat recently.

Good luck,

Ron
 ./.